Friday, September 14, 2012

Our New Addition!

Tolson Brian Taylor joined our family on July 17th 2012 at 9:50 p.m.  He weighed 9lbs 5oz and was 22 inches long.

Here's the story:   We went to the Dr. the wednesday before he was born, and were scheduled for an induction the coming monday.  So that weekend we got everything done and prepared ourselves for monday morning.  Well, monday came along and the hospital called to say they were full, and they would call when they were ready for us.  They finally called that tuesday afternoon around 4:00.  When we got to the hospital and hooked me up, I was already having steady contractions about five minutes apart. I had no idea!! I couldnt feel a thing!  So they started me on pitocin around 6:00.  I still was only dilated to a 4, so about a half hour later the dr. came and broke my water.  Immediately after my water broke I could feel the contractions, and they did NOT feel good! I asked for the epidural immediately!  Luckily they were quick about it and I only suffered through the pain for about a half hour.  After the epidural was in place the nurse checked me again and I was dilated to a six.  This was around 8:30, and by 9:00 I was dilated to a 10 and ready to push!!! I pushed twice and he was out! However his shoulder did get stuck, and the doctor had to try to manueuver him out.  While this was happening the baby started to turn a little blue.  The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice.  But he finally came out and all was well.  I got a little nervous because he wasn't crying, but the nurses assured me he was fine.  He was wide awake and just looking around.

Brian did great through the delivery.  Since it was his first he wad definitely nervous. But both my mom and his mom were there with him.  Also my sister Sarah was here from out of town and was able to be there for the delivery also! It was such a party!

The next morning my mom brought Talmage and Barrett to the hospital to meet their new brother.  They fell in love with him immediately.  Barrett kept wanting to look at his little feet.

We are thrilled to have this little one join our family.  I feel like it has tied our family together perfectly.
We are SO blessed!





 

No comments: