Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving in Hawaii............and some news!

I didn't have my boys this year for Thanksgiving, so I decided to go spend Thanksgiving with my brother Stephen, who is attending BYU-Hawaii. It was the perfect way to spend my first holiday without my children. This was my view from the balcony, it was gorgeous!
Stephen is one of my favorite people! He just makes me laugh, and he was such a great sport, and took us around to all the touristy spots, and he even braved Wal-Mart with me in the middle of the night on Black Friday!
His apartment was in need of some major help! So I helped him and his roomies make their place more bearable to live in. They had no window treatments, so we hung curtains, rearranged furniture to maximize the living space, I had them get a toaster, george foreman, vaccum, and some new dish rags (when I got there, the rag in the sink had a plant growing off of it, and I don't mean the mossy, moldy stuff! It was about an inch tall! Nasty) I did all the laundry, fixed Stephen's favorite meal for him, and put some meals in the fridge for him. It was so fun to see where he's been living, meet his friends, and just hang out with him again!
And, well, the news...........as most of you know, I have been dating Brian for over six months now, and a few months ago he decided to join me on my trip to Hawaii (he had never been) and while we were there...............he proposed!!!!!
I am so blessed! He is the kindest, most thoughtful person I have ever known. I am so grateful for him, and the man he is. This has been one of the hardest, craziest years of my life! But I know that all things happen for a reason, and I am so thankful for all the prayers, love, and support from family and friends that have given me the strength to power through the hard times. I am looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life!


5 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

Well, aren't you just one little Snow White to those college "dwarfs". Looks like you had a great time. CONGRATULATIONS on your news! I'm truly happy for you.

The McGraths said...

You look so happy! So excited for you! and totally dying that you spoiled your brother! You are the sweetest! :)

Jess said...

Congrats! I'm so happy to hear for you, he sounds like a great guy! And you sure deserve it!

Hannah + 4 said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!

Natalie Francis said...

I'd heard the exciting news through the line but wanted to say CONGRATS!!! We're so happy for you & can't wait to meet Brian!