Monday, April 27, 2009

A week of firsts

Talmage had his first skateboarding lesson.  We tried karate a few months ago and he cried every time he had to go, so we thought this would be more his style.  He has begged everyday since to go back so we think he'll like this better!!
My sister had her baby. OK, this isn't her first baby, but it is her first boy (so it counts!)  He is so stinkin' adorable!
Talmage and Barrett had a friend sleepover for the first time.  Actually its their cousin Lincoln who is visiting from Florida.  His mom is sick so he came to stay the night.  We played games, decorated cupcakes, and had a splashin' good time in the tub!
And finally, I attempted my first dress for....ME!!!  I wore it to church and was so nervous that it would fall apart on me, but it held strong.  I can't wait to try another one!

10 comments:

{becca alder} said...

Woo Hoo it looks so cute! cant wait to get our sew on tomorrow night!

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun week! That is so cute Talmage is in a skateboarding class, how fun! I love, love, love the dress you made! You are soooo talented, nice work!:)

Unknown said...

Skateboarding lessons sound fun! I have never heard of them for little kids??? Where are they at?

LOVE the dress!

The McGraths said...

How cute that T is taking skateboard lessons! And I loved your dress on Sunday. I'm very impressed! I have never made anything for me but you have inspired me to give it a try.

Natalie Francis said...

I love your dress! Can I get a sewing lesson? Or a pattern at least? I'm stuck home for 2 weeks and need a project :)

Team Candland said...

i was hoping you would start sewing dresses for us big girls! you know i want one, so let me be your guinea pig! :)

Hannah + 4 said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as skateboard lessons! Makes sense tho. That is cool. How fun! I love the dress! SO cute! and Congrats to your sis. He is so cute!

Sheri Lee said...

Wow! I am impressed lady!

The Olsons said...

I am very impressed with your sewing skills! Cute dress.

Misty Kesler said...

Love the dress, look at you and your sewing skills :) you are a nice sister to help while Sarah is sick, hope she feels better. And who knew they have skate boarding lessons, what boy wouldnt love that!