Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping for the 4th

We spent the weekend with family and great friends up in the mountains near Flagstaff.  The boys spent most of their time playing in the rain and mud.  

Saturday we went to hike some cave, but it was a little too steep and rocky for my boys.  Luckily our friend Carrie was there to help Talmage, because I was stuck at the top holding Barrett, who was cold and wet and cranky!

And then poor Taylor hit his head on one of the rocks above him which knocked him out.  Other than a big gash on his head, he was ok!Even with the mud, and rain, and accidents, and cranky kids, we managed to have a great time.  We are so lucky to have such great family and friends to share our lives with! 

6 comments:

The McGraths said...

sounds like fun. Hope Taylor is ok. I'm admiring the fact that Ya'll were wearing sweatshirts this weekend while we were here dying of heat stroke! Glad everyone is home safe and hot like the rest of us! :)

Team Candland said...

poor tay! i am starting to think he is a little accident prone on these adventures! :)

Carrie said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you had a happy 4th weekend!

Hamilton Family said...

Wish we could be there!

Ashley said...

How Fun! I'm sure it was nice to get a break from the heat! I'm still not brave enpugh to attempt camping with my kids yet, maybe in a few more years... ha ha :)

Hannah + 4 said...

Fun! I love camping! I'm jealous you guys got to get out of the heat! My girls love to camp! Looks like your boys enjoy it also!