Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Mess I Made

So this is what I get for allowing my child to pick a fudgesicle instead of a candy.  Talmage is my son that teaches me patience (EVERYDAY).   Every time we go to the grocery store I want to rip my hair out.  So, being the horrible mother that I am, I bribe him.  If he is a good boy, then he can pick a treat at the end.  His teeth will probably rot, but it is worth my sanity!! And even though Barrett is 16 months old, I still forget that if I say "yes" to Talmage, then it means "yes" for Barrett too.  Today Talmage eyed one of those small freezers near the checkout counter and immediately wanted an ice cream, and to avoid a meltdown I said yes right away, not even thinking of the consequences of this.  And this is the mess I got to clean up when I got home.   So while I was wiping away (thanks to clorox wipes), I wondered if it was worth the mess to not have Talmage throw a tantrum in the store..... I'm not quite sure yet.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a mess! I hate cleaning carseats! They are so hard to undo! Your Barrett seems so much bigger than Parker and they are practically the same age?

Natalie Francis said...

That is a serious mess! We bribe Lilly at the grocery store also! It's really worth my sanity.

Ashley said...

Bribes are the only way I stay sane! Looks like a big mess to clean up, but worth it if they don't throw a fit! I can totally relate to this:)

Rudd Family said...

Oh Therena, lucky you! Although I shouldn't say anything since that will be me not too long from now.

Hannah + 4 said...

O my... Ha There are no words. I know my day for bribes are coming soon!

Team Candland said...

Funny! I do the same thing, except sometimes I will give her the "treat" before hand just to keep her occupied and from climbing out of the cart!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness!! It's a second child thing I SWEAR!!! I've been there with jack. That's when you take the car seat out and take the hose to it!! Last time though, I left it ooutside and it was covered with ants...after I washed it! By morning they were gone though.

PS I bribe my kids too.