Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Moving!

Ok, Taylor and I have been married for almost six years, and we are moving for the fourth time!! It really stinks. Taylor likes to call it our "two year plan"-whatever that means!!! I am devastated to have to leave our home and neighborhood, I have made great friends here that I am going to miss, and we have just loved it so much. And it has been a whirlwind weekend. We put an offer on a home in Mesa, so we have had our house up for rent. We signed a contract on Saturday at 2:00 and the people needed in by the 12th of July. Well, normally two weeks is enough time to get moved out, but we have had a trip planned to Yellowstone for almost a year, and we leave THURDSAY!!! So we spent all day Sunday packing boxes, and then decided the best way to move would be to pay someone to do it for us- so that is what we did. As expensive as it was, it was sooooo worth it! But to add to that, nothing has been finalized with the house we put our offer on, we aren't even in escrow yet, so we are going to live with my parents until then. It will be a little crazy, but we are so fortunate to have amazing parents who not only let us live with them (two kids and all) but welcome us with open arms!!! Thanks Mom and Dad- We love you!! So it is back to Mesa for now, who knows where we will be in another two years!


9 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

My parents were/are on the two year plan also! It really makes things exciting. I know moving isn't easy but buying my parent's house has helped them out so much! That's what true friends are for (we seem to rotate houses between our families).

Natalie Francis said...

Oh, and I love your new blog background. Way cute!!

Ashley said...

That would be so hard to leave your neighborhood! I love that house!That must of been nice to have someone pack for you, I hate packing!! Love your new background! Have fun on your trip!

Hamilton Family said...

So where do I get to sleep? Bethany told me that we get the motorhome! Love your new blog. Can't wait to see you. Hopefully our kids won't kill each other being in the same house for a few weeks. Dad might want to though.

Hannah + 4 said...

Where in Mesa are you hoping to move to? I'm sure you will meet just as great of people in your new house! Have fun on your trip!

Rachel said...

Good luck on your move! And tell Sarah congratulations on her new baby!

Ashley said...

Hi Therena! I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!! Hope you are having fun at Yellowstone! Can't wait to see pictures.

Misty Kesler said...

I am glad you left me a comment so I could track you down ;) Where are your posts from you trip to Idaho???? It was great seeing you!

Becky said...

It's a good time to buy, you're lucky!! Have fun in yellowstone, I love it there!!!!