Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pirate Party

I've always told my kids that they get a big "friend" birthday party when they turn 5, 8, 12 and THATS IT!!!! (yeah, I'm the meanest mom!) So this year Talmage turned 5!  


Here is the Pirate Ship Cake 
Here is my handsome little man patiently waiting for his friends to arrive
I sent the kids on a Treasure Hunt where they got to find swords, hooks, hats, etc. that would turn them into pirates.  Talmage was so excited to find the "compass"


Here is Barrett playing pin the treasure chest on the treasure map (he peeked)

Here's Talmage taking a shot at the game.I do have to say that I was definitely dreading the whole party thing, but I was pleasantly suprised by how much fun I had, and I think the kids loved it too.  Of course it wouldn't have been the same without the help from Taylor, my mom, and my sister Bethany (THANKS!)

3 comments:

Rudd Family said...

Cyndle and I had so much fun! I loved all the pirate stuff!

Sheri said...

Porter thought it was the best party ever! He has been playing pirates and sword fight with all his brothers nonstop. Thanks for inviting him.

Chris and Heather said...

I love a good themed party!