Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Life Back on Track!



We are officially moved in to our new house (finally!)  There were definitely some problems when we moved in.  Because it had been empty for awhile the yard was a disaster.  Plus, there are three ac units for the house, and we had problems with two of them, including an air handler that leaked through the roof.  But we've managed to get everything under control, and the kids have settled in quickly!  The only thing I think my family will struggle with are the scorpions!!  We have gotten so many in the house and they freak me out!!!!  Taylor thinks I'm paranoid and OCD because every night I take a black light to our room and our boy's rooms to make sure there are no scorpions anywhere near that could attack us in our sleep!!  
Talmage started preschool with Mrs. McClure and is absolutely loving it.  I don't know what it is, but for some reason he is such a happier little boy when he is in school.  Maybe its because it adds more structure to his daily routine, maybe its because I feel more sane, I don't know!  All I know is that I finally feel like my life is back to normal again.  Taylor and I even managed to sneak away for a quick trip to Vegas without the kiddos (thanks to Taylor's amazing parents!)

8 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

Thank goodness you fixed the AC units! Wow. Tell Taylor, I don't think you're paranoid at all about scorpions. Lance will tell you that there's nothing worse than being stung in the middle of the night in your own bed. Crazy! I'm glad things are back to normal. I'll have to stop by because I heard you decorated everything so well. I'd love to see it!

Becky said...

I'd do the same thing for scorpions...I'd die!! Who wants one of those in your bed...really?? You keep hunting!! I cannot believe how big Talmage is. WOW!!! I think his teacher lives by me and I know a boy that goes there (Zachary Bond??).

And I am NOT a photographer...no way, I edit all my pics...my sister showed me some little tricks.

Ashley said...

Glad your life is back on track!We still need to come and see your new house! I heard it is super nice! Talmage looks so darn cute in those pictures.Your boys are the cutest, and getting sooo big!I would be the exact same way with the whole scorpion issue! Yikes:)

Matt and Megan said...

I do the same thing every night!! My sister had one in her bed and got stung so you are not paranoid!! We also had a friend that had one under his pillow and stung him twice in the arm!! I hate those things with a passion! Get sprayed every month and ask your exterminator about get dust or fogged under your house. We did that year and hardly had any. Good Luck!

Heidi Ann said...

Talmage is a miniature Taylor, SO handome! Don't you love the break preschool offers? It's better to be paranoid about those devils than to end up in the hospital with your babies!! I'm so glad you found us! And I'm jealous of your little get away, what do people do without parents??

Libby said...

Hey Hey Hey!! I'm so glad to hear that you are in your house. How fun for you guys. Jefferson would love to play with Talmage sometime. I still have your number, and now that you're settled we'll have to get them together. Our baby will be here in the next 3 weeks, so I'm sure that Jefferson would love a little playmate over here. I'll call you soon! Yeah for you guys!

Chris and Heather said...

I don't think you are OCD. I HATE those bugs! We have an occasional nasty one of these that visit once in a while! ICK! I had to kill one once all by myself (Chris was out of town). It ran across our room and under our bed, luckily the spare flats of our wood flooring are stashed there, so it couldn't escape. Only after I smashed it with a shoe did I realize that I was barefoot the whole time. TGIF for adrenaline!

Hannah + 4 said...

Your not paranoid.. I would do the same thing! I'd be up all night worried about them! Talmage looks so cute! And how fun for you guys to get a trip in to vegas and sedona! I've never been to either.